Donor Software for Missionaries
Baseline Donor System
The Baseline Donor System was developed by Computers In Ministry to allow
for effective management of donor-related information for the small-to-medium
ministries and missions who are not yet ready to transition into a high-end
donor management system.
From a not-for-profit ministry organization that provides a full spectrum of
computer support to Christian ministries.
A full system at one price, not a lot of extra charges.
An open system, full source code included, using current technology that is
generally available to ministries .
- Easy to use
- Flexible reporting
- Keeps extensive information about your donors, prospects, volunteers, staff,
- Tracks and reports relationships between people (and organizations)
- Handles transactions / donations of many kinds
- Prepares a ministry to grow
- Screen Shots are on the web site
Computers in Ministry
PO Box 441383
Aurora CO 80044-1383
This database is being developed to track donations, prayer partners and
maintain mailing lists. It provides monthly and annual reports and donor
Software for missionaries who wish to more effectively
track and correspond with their donors. The Deputation Organizer will
automatically prompt the missionary with a To Do List quickly identifying
upcoming meetings, telephone calls to return, and confirmation letters,
reconfirmation letters and thank you letters that need to be generated.
What's more, it even produces a chart for the entire year of all meetings and
activities so that one's schedule can be quickly identified. By double
clicking on any of the colored blocks you will see a screen displaying
information about that specific meeting. The Deputation Organizer
instantaneously calculates your current support level and even compares it to
your monthly support goal and provides a graph so to chart your progress.
Confirmation and reconfirmation letters are generated and can be tailored to
meet your specific needs; two types of itineraries can be produced with ease;
you can even generate an external file to be used with other common
applications as Lotus and Excel. Contact: Bob Clonch or (336)775-2059. Price:
$30.00 (July 2002)
- Maintain an up-to-date list of names, address, phone numbers, and other
information about supporters.
- Keep track of contributions.
- Keep track of letters you write to supporters.
- Analyze your support with graphs: how support has changed over time, how
much support comes from which regions, etc.
- Print mailing lists and address labels.
- If you aren't on the field yet, Friend Files helps you to keep track of
prayer and financial pledges.
Friend Files also supports automatic processing of monthly financial
statements for some mission agencies. If your mission e-mails statements
with consistent formatting to workers, Friend Files can be customized to work
with these statements, too. Then you can just paste that statement into
Friend Files, and the program enters all of the data automatically.
People Raising Tracking Program
Brand New Donor Tacking Program From People Raising -- If your
organization is like ours, one of the most common problems you face is
training new staff people how to find ministry partners, then equipping
them with tools that can help them succeed. Now you can reduce the time
it takes to raise support as you use the People Raising Tracking
Program. In one program are 5 reports. You can prioritize your
prospects and donors, estimate donor capacity, develop a weekly
strategic plan, measure your fundraising time and effort, track dollars
raised, and follow your donors giving patterns. It is available at a
special introductory price of only $9.99 (July 2002)
or e-mail bill@PeopleRaising.com
Personal Ministry Manager
Personal Ministry Manager
(Now you can download the manual/Help file to evaluate program functionality)
A link to downloads for current users of PMM5.11
*This is an update to Version 5.11
Personal Ministry Manager 5.13 is a software application designed for
individual field missionaries. The product is built around a mailing list
database, but includes features specifically designed to meet the particular
needs of a missionary.
Features for the Missionary
You can track :
- Monthly gift income or irregular gifts
- Gift income records can now be password protected
- Ministry to your donors such as one-on-one meetings, personal letters,
- Prayer letters, cards, and phone calls to non donors and potential donors
on your list
- All the special dates you want to remember for those on your mailing list.
The program is optimized for use around the world, and for maintaining
addresses for people living anywhere in the world.
- Dates can be formatted as MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, or DD.MM.YYYY. You can
even choose two-digit year format if desired.
- Postal Codes are 10 characters in length and can be selectively placed
before city names for places where that is standard format.
- A two-across Avery #7160 labels for A4 page size is included.
- Phone number fields are 20 characters long to allow for country and city
- An area code table containing most of the U.S. area codes and many
country codes is available as a utility. The table can be edited to add your
personal country and city code requirements. There is a time zone field
included in the table.
- The Windows Date/Time applet is available from within PMM 5.13 to help in
determining time zones and time differences.
Predefined reports for:
- Mailing Labels and Envelopes (with or without a return address)
- *Improved Envelope reports now work better with HP DeskJet printers
- Phone Book (with E-mail addresses)
- Address Book containing primary and an alternate address
- Special Days Reminder
- Donor Gift Summary
- *Income Reports can now be password protected
- Monthly and Yearly Donor Receipts
- Ministry to Constituents
- These reports can be printed as viewed on screen or can be exported to
several popular formats, including Word, Excel, WordPerfect, Lotus 123,
Lotus WordPro, and RTF.
- Where applicable, reports can be limited to a specific date range.
- Some reports can be printed for tagged records only.
From the Main form you can:
- View, Edit, or Enter individual names
- Locate a Specific Name by typing the first few letters of the last name.
- Enter Donor Gifts. (All records with the word "Donor" in the Status field
will be sequentially presented.)
- Enter Group Ministry. (You select the subset for which this particular
item is applicable.)
- Get an Overview of Gift Income for the year. The data is presented on a
monthly basis, and data for previous years is included.
From the Names form you can:
- Select any subset of the database determined by you. A table of
predefined subsets is included, and you can modify and add to the
descriptions for often used subsets.
- Tag a particular subset for use in a report or mailing labels.
- View and edit the gifts from, ministry to, and special days for the
- A simple receipt (either single gift or yearly total) can be printed for
a specific gift from the current record, but the text is fixed.
- View a summary of gifts from a particular donor, displaying gifts to
date, gifts to date last year, and total for last year. The equivalent data
for all donors is also displayed.
- *The gifts page can now be password protected.
- Dial the phone number for the current record. (Up to five phone numbers
- The name and address can be copied to the Windows clipboard for
addressing a personal letter.
- Access an alternate address for each record, which can also be copied to
- The two E-mail addresses can be individually copied to the Windows
clipboard for sending E-mail to an individual.
- Find any record by typing the first few letters of the last name, or
click on one of the alphabetical tabs across the bottom of the form.
Utilities are included for:
- Backing up the database to floppy disk and restoring from the floppy
disk. Large databases can span multiple disks. (A shareware copy of WinZip is
included in the distribution disks to provide this capability.)
- Quick backup to, and restore from a user-selected folder on the hard
- *Quick restore now requires a confirmation to avoid accidental
- Exporting to an ASCII text file for use with mail merge.
- An editable table of telephone areacodes, and country and city codes for
- Date buttons for setting day/month sequence and the separator character.
- Editing the selections available in the combo boxes for Status, Ministry
Type, and Special Days.
- *Password protection utility for protecting sensitive financial
Personal Ministry Manager began as a program designed by two missionaries to
meet their needs for maintaining a mailing list. Version 3.6 was a DOS
program marketed through The Navigators in 1993 and 1994. Version 4.0 was
another DOS program that only existed as a beta, because a Windows version of
the development language appeared in 1995. The first Windows version of
Personal Ministry Manager, version 5.0, began shipping in early 1998. Version
5.1, incorporating a number of enhancements (some of which were suggested by
users), was sent via E mail to all registered users of version 5.0 in May of
1999. Version 5.13, now available for download, contains several minor
improvements and full Y2K compatibility, thanks to dBASE Inc., the new owner
of Visual dBASE. There is also an option for password protecting the gifts
page and all donor gift reports.
Personal Ministry Manager 5.13 is priced at $75.00 plus shipping ($2.00 US,
$5.00 International). Users of version 3.6 can upgrade for $60.00 plus
shipping. Pricing can be negotiated for the purchase of multiple copies, or
for site licensing. Payment by check only. Send an e-mail to me for
instructions on where to mail the check.
The program is shipped on 5 floppy disks, one of which contains a shareware
version of WinZip, by Niko Mac, Inc., or on CD-ROM. The CD contains the disk
images, so you can create a set of floppy disks to install on a second
computer that does not have a CD drive. Please specify the preferred medium
Registered users are able to download bug fixes and minor upgrades from this
site. Provision for a second address, additional phone numbers and E mail
addresses, and a full page for entering Notes have been included in version
5.11, now available for download to 5.1.0x users.
If You Wish More Information
If you think this software would meet your requirements for a database, but
would like to see more about the capabilities and features in PMM 5.1, you
may download a copy of the Help file in a self-extracting zip file format. If
you have further questions about the software, you may e-mail me at
You can download the self-extracting file PMM5help.exe here. You will then
need to double click on it to unzip pmm5.hlp, which can then be opened by
double clicking on it. If you already have a zip program you can download
PMM5help.zip and do the unzipping yourself. This 200 Kb file becomes a 1.8
Meg Windows .hlp file, and can be viewed as any Windows Help file. The screen
images in the Help file show the forms you work with and the accompanying
text describes the functionality of the program. The modifications to the
forms in Version 5.13 are not displayed, but the new enhancements are
described in detail as an Appendix.
If you have comments, questions, or suggestions, e-mail
Resource Development Ministry Application
Donor Tracking For Individual Missionaries
The Resource Development Ministry Application is written for missionaries to
help in developing resources (financial, prayer, etc) to be able to minister
on the field. It will track ministry partners (e.g. names, addresses), all
communication you have with them, and all financial support you receive from
This was written and tested on Microsoft Windows 98. This software is FREE!
It was developed to be a blessing to the many Christian missionaries serving
around the world.
Message from the author:
Please excuse these banner ads that show up...I am using a free host for my
web site. I can tell you that my software is free with NO banner ads once
you download it.
I am always open to feedback for future releases. You can email me at:
Donor-Receipting And Accounting Software
Please go to this web site to see all the links below:
Lists Of Software
- Baseline Donor System from Computers In Ministry. Donor-receipting for small
to medium missions.
- Blackbaud "Raiser's Edge" non-profit fund-raising -PHN 800-443-9441
- Campagne Associates Nashua NH -PHN 800-582-3489 "Software to raise more
- Contributions Management System (CMS) from Helps Int'l. Integrates with
QuickBooks for accounting. -PHN 828-277-3812
- Denari fund-raising from Synergy Development Sys. -PHN 800-352-0312
- Donor Automation, Inc. -PHN 909-793-1230 -FAX 909-793-4434
- Donor II, Charlotte, NC -PHN 800-548-6708 Send email
- Free demo of DonorPerfect -PHN 800-220-8111
- On-line version of DonorPerfect fundraising software
- Donortrax -PHN 614-475-7530
- HPG Donor-receipting System. Provided FREE as a service of Helps Int'l.
Ministries: Segment the mailing list, process contributions, do selected
mailings. Use it with your accounting system. Ask us how to use Peachtree
Accounting to do functional fund-accounting. -PHN 864-834-0272
- Hunter Systems -PHN 800-326-0527
- Ministry Systems, Inc.; Whittier, CA -PHN 562-696-6199
- Power Church Plus is primarily for churches but can be adapted for use by
missions; provides Fund Accounting. List price $495; reasonable cost for tech
support. Or use the Fund Accounting portionwith some donor receipting system,
such as HPG (see above). -PHN 800-486-1800.
- Prosoft Sytems -PHN 205-853-8490
- Quicken or QuickBooks for Mission financial systems
- Fund Easy. Demo to download
- Logos Accounting does Fund Accounting. (Missions can use it with some
donor-receipting system, such as HPG) -PHN 800-266-3311
- Micro Information Products Fund Accounting -PHN 800-647-3863
- owerChurch does Fund Accounting. (Missions can use it with some donor
receipting system, such as HPG) -PHN 800-486-1800
Internet Guide: Donor Management Software
I think the software below is developed by secular companies:
Aquracy.com Corporation P.O.Box 7107 Buffalo Grove, IL 60089-7107 877 4AQURIT
or 877-427-8748 847-229-1717 847-229-0049 Fax E Mail: email@example.com
4401 Belle Oaks Drive
Charleston, SC 29405
1 800 443-9441
Systems Support Services
8731 Red Oak Blvd., Suite 140
Charlotte, NC 28217
1 800 548 6708
Donor Automation, Inc.
922 New York Street, Suite A
Redlands, CA 92374
3327 Freeman Street
San Diego, CA 92106
1 800 220-8111
Synergy Data Systems
947 E. Johnstown Rd. Ste 280
Gahanna, OH 43230
100 Century Park South
Birmingham, AL 35226
1 800 326-0527
Infocision Management Corp.
325 Springside Drive
Akron, OH 444313
12001 N. Central Expwy. Ste. 790
Dallas, TX 75243
1249 Pinole Valley Road
Pinole, CA 94564
MIP Fund Accounting
505 E. Huntland Dr., Ste 340
Austin, TX 78752-3772
1 800 647-3863
Fax 512 454-1246
Mr Bob Slaughter
1705 Serene Circle
Birmingham, AL 35215
Shelby Systems, Inc.
65 Germantown Court, Suite 303
Cordova, TN 38018
1-800 877-0222 or (901)757-2372
To The Rescue
133 E. De La Guerra, Ste 135
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Note: This list is provided for informational purposes only and does not
imply endorsement for any of these products or services. Please
let us know of other products.